Sun Cluster 3.1 8/05 has been released to customers. So far no official announcement can be found but Sun Cluster customers were informed this afternoon via email of the upgrade. The release notes and documentation are avalible at docs.sun.com.
This release is the one Solaris 10 users have been waiting for, Solaris 10 is supported on both UltraSPARC and AMD64, and support for Zones is included. The new features list includes:
– Improved Cluster Installation and Upgrade Functionality
– Support for Network Appliance Network-Attached Storage (NAS) Devices
– Simplified SunPlex Manager Interface
– Support for Tagged VLAN to Share Network Adapters
– Sun Cluster HA for Solaris Containers (aka: Zones)
– Support for Solaris SMF Services
– Support for the AMD 64â€“Bit Platform
– Support for Kerberos
– Support for Oracle 10g and Oracle 10g Real Application Clusters on the SPARC Platform and x86 Platform
Customers can download the software from the Online Support Center (OSC).