[rescue] Q about sun2 boot flow
Joshua Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Sep 6 08:28:03 UTC 2026
On 9/5/26 5:47 PM, Mouse via rescue wrote:
>> If O.P. wanted an AI response, he'd have asked the AI chatbot
>> himself.
> Maybe (I don't know the OP). But if it were me, well, if I wanted an
> LLM[%] response, I would have significant trouble getting it; I know
> next to nothing about what is available and how to use it - and my
> impression is that most of them are unusable without the HTTPS Web,
> which renders them nonstarters for me.
Acquiring an LLM model might be difficult without HTTPS, although I am
not 100% certain of that. HTTPS isn't required to run one, just a lot
of CPU power.
To have it address something like this would probably require providing
tool use of a compatible browser, possibly behind a proxy like SearXNG,
in which case the browser might not need HTTPS, but SearXNG certainly would.
I'm not sure what models would realistically fit on the hardware you
prefer. Needle 2 45M looks like it might, but I don't know how usable
it is on SS20 performance, nor if it does a good job with reasoning or
tool using.
> [%] I refuse to call LLMs "AI". For starters, actual intelligence
> would be able to tell the difference between useful information and
> the kind of gibberish that gets called hallucinations when produced
> by LLMs.
Unable to tell the difference between useful information and gibberish
can describe many a wetware neural net in addition to LLMs.
More information about the rescue
mailing list