[SunHELP] sar+ how to find package dependancies
bru1n at comcast.net
Tue May 10 17:23:29 CDT 2005
I am looking to find the sar packages for Solaris 7. I have 1 box with
very limted disk space that I inhereted, and I assume thats why its not
pkginfo does not seem to be very friendly to me, as I cannot find what
packages I need. On a system that sar works on, I found SUNWaccr, and
1) Are there other packages I need to track down? Of course, I'm
assuming I can find these on sun.com|bigadmin.com unbundled from the
Or better still...
2) How do I find a listing, or determine what "dependant", or "depends
on" packages I need to install?
- This question isn't limited to sar, but any package not installed with
- I do not see a "dependancy" option in pkgadd or pkginfo
- strings, ldd, and pkginfo -l did't readily show this
- Googling around gave me alternatives (like memtool, etc), error pages,
and some security how-to's, but not the specific packages I want.
Thanks for taking time to read my question.
More information about the SunHELP