[rescue] Sun2 P2 termination (Dan Moisa)
Dan Moisa
dmoisa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:12:41 UTC 2026
If you could see what you have inside, that would be great. Romain and Dave
are right - per the documentation there are 3 ways:
- termination built into the framebuffer card
- termination resistors built into the P2 bus itself, "for newer backplanes"
- there's also a mention of a special termination card which I presume is a
P2-sized stub card with just resistors.
I'm trying to see what are actual running/working solutions that folks can
vouch for.
The loaner sun2 I got is a mix of cards in an unnamed multibus enclosure,
and I'm coming to the conclusion it hasn't actually worked in this form,
was rather just stored this way.
Thanks,
Dan.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2026, 12:30 Michael Thompson via rescue <rescue at sunhelp.org>
wrote:
> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2026 18:49:56 -0700
>> From: Dan Moisa <dmoisa at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> For those of you with working multibus sun2, what termination are you
>> using for P2?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
>>
>
> Dan, I don't see anything in the 2/120 Processor and Backplane
> Engineering Manuals
> description of the P2 bus or in the schematics that show termination on
> the P2 bus.
>
> I have a 2/120 so I could disassemble it to see if there are P2 terminator
> resistors on
> the backplane.
>
> --
> Michael Thompson
> _______________________________________________
> rescue list - http://sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue_sunhelp.org
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue_sunhelp.org/attachments/20260928/7accb5de/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the rescue
mailing list