[rescue] Old Sun price book (Will Enestvedt)
Tom Gardner
tom94022 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 17:09:14 UTC 2026
Will:
I urge you offer to donate it to the Computer History Museum. See: https://airtable.com/appPBw0VORVpnaJbZ/shrgwufDwr5wNVMal
It might be something Al Kossow is interested in for Bitsavers
Tom
-----Original Message-----
From: rescue <rescue-bounces at sunhelp.org> On Behalf Of rescue-request at sunhelp.org
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2026 8:57 AM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: rescue Digest, Vol 286, Issue 14
Send rescue mailing list submissions to
rescue at sunhelp.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue_sunhelp.org
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
rescue-request at sunhelp.org
You can reach the person managing the list at
rescue-owner at sunhelp.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of rescue digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. Old Sun price book (Will Enestvedt)
2. Re: Old Sun price book (Joshua Boyd)
3. Re: Old Sun price book (Will Enestvedt)
4. Re: Old Sun price book (vom513)
5. Re: Old Sun price book (Dave McGuire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 11:13:52 -0400
From: Will Enestvedt <wenestvedt at gmail.com>
To: Sun-Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: [rescue] Old Sun price book
Message-ID: <23FEA7E2-FBF2-4316-AC31-1BA3DAE8AAA3 at gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Hi, Rescuers.
I have a ringbound, 8-1/2"x6" book titled "Sun Microsystems, Inc. Computer Systems U.S. End User Price List" for February 23, 1999, which I don't want.
It's several hundred pages of servers specs, options, selection/configuration workflows, and other data of possible interest to the Sun community, covering Ultra 2 workstations to E10ks to A7000 arrays.
Does anyone want it, before I recycle it?
- Will
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 11:25:48 -0400
From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [rescue] Old Sun price book
Message-ID: <0c55caf8-6e47-42e2-a747-c5d18a2eba4f at jdboyd.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
On 9/10/26 11:13, Will Enestvedt via rescue wrote:
> Hi, Rescuers.
>
> I have a ringbound, 8-1/2"x6" book titled "Sun Microsystems, Inc. Computer Systems U.S. End User Price List" for February 23, 1999, which I don't want.
>
> It's several hundred pages of servers specs, options, selection/configuration workflows, and other data of possible interest to the Sun community, covering Ultra 2 workstations to E10ks to A7000 arrays.
>
> Does anyone want it, before I recycle it?
>
> - Will
Maybe my Google-fu is bad, but I'm not finding a scan of that online. I find that hard to believe though, but if no one else can point to a good scan, I would be interested in getting it so that I can scan it to upload places, if we can arrange a shipping option I can afford. I am in 17603, since you didn't post where you would be sending from.
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 11:35:38 -0400
From: Will Enestvedt <wenestvedt at gmail.com>
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: Re: [rescue] Old Sun price book
Message-ID: <70088A47-5516-4AA1-A97B-2F2DC0BFA24C at gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
I would be mailing it from New England, just outside Providence, RI.
- Will
------------------------------
Message: 4
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 11:53:06 -0400
From: vom513 <vom513 at gmail.com>
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: Re: [rescue] Old Sun price book
Message-ID: <448DF784-C9AE-4D7A-A7B1-C02AECDD9076 at gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
I’ll say I’m second in line (Joshua is first). I would scan it and upload to archive.org <http://archive.org/>. If Joshua can’t please feel free to ping me and we will work it out. Thanks.
------------------------------
Message: 5
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 11:56:36 -0400
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: Re: [rescue] Old Sun price book
Message-ID: <21e581b9-9f08-4d15-b813-d73923d0cf9f at neurotica.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
On 9/10/26 11:25, Joshua Boyd via rescue wrote:
>> I have a ringbound, 8-1/2"x6" book titled "Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>> Computer Systems U.S. End User Price List" for February 23, 1999,
>> which I don't want.
>>
>> It's several hundred pages of servers specs, options, selection/
>> configuration workflows, and other data of possible interest to the
>> Sun community, covering Ultra 2 workstations to E10ks to A7000 arrays.
>>
>> Does anyone want it, before I recycle it?
>
> Maybe my Google-fu is bad, but I'm not finding a scan of that online.
> I find that hard to believe though, but if no one else can point to a
> good scan, I would be interested in getting it so that I can scan it
> to upload places, if we can arrange a shipping option I can afford. I
> am in 17603, since you didn't post where you would be sending from.
We can put it in the scan queue at LSSM, if that would be easier.
-Dave
--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA
------------------------------
Subject: Digest Footer
_______________________________________________
rescue maillist - rescue at sunhelp.org
http://sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue_sunhelp.org
------------------------------
End of rescue Digest, Vol 286, Issue 14
***************************************
More information about the rescue
mailing list