[rescue] SUN2 behavior

Dan Moisa dmoisa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 03:59:23 UTC 2026


Hi folks,

I got a SUN2 Multibus on loan (501-1007) so I can test against
it. Unfortunately it's in very sad shape and I'm debugging a few things at
the same time - the eproms have mold inside and one is completely dead, the
CPU was so tarnished I had to sand and re-tin the pins, and so on. If one
of you have the same card and can confirm a few things for me, that would
be great.

1. What LED diagnostic sequence do you get, if any, if you run the board
just by itself - no RAM, nothing else on multibus,
2. Do you happen to have the PROM images, and know which one is high and
which one is low - I used and split the TME available image but again I
don't know what issues I'm actually hitting first.

Thanks in advance,
Dan.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue_sunhelp.org/attachments/20260905/2f5b9d14/attachment.html>


More information about the rescue mailing list