[rescue] SPARC10 died today

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Dec 1 10:18:42 CST 2017

" From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
" On 11/30/2017 03:49 PM, john wrote:
" > What else could I consider?  I don't know if my application which runs
" > on SunOS 4.1.4 will run on a SPARC5. They weren't out yet when
" > application was published.  Any ideas there?
"   On this I can tell you there's almost no chance of a problem there.
" Underlying CPU implementation features are barely even exposed under
" SunOS, much less able to be depended upon by userland software.
"   Heck, I've even run SunOS4 32-bit BSD-based binaries under SysV-based
" Solaris on 64-bit UltraSPARC systems.  I know I've done that under
" Solaris 9, not sure if I've done it on 10 or not.

would the recently-discussed aviator run in solaris2?