[rescue] OT: Looking for an old version of Veritas Backup Exec

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jan 26 10:07:03 CST 2011

One problem might be feeding it the USB sticks in the right order to
recreate/reinventory the archive.

   I got off of Veritas NetBackup (for Solaris) back when it still used
tar's format for its on-tape storage. Recovery was *much* easier, though
backups spanning multiple tapes were trickier.

Ian wrote:
> Apparently, they used to back up to tape - until the tape drive broke.

> Then they somehow told the backup program to wite to USB flash drives.

> So, now there is this little box of flash drives, all UDF formatted,
> and all containing exactly one giant file, called BACKUP.QIC.
   *Me takes off hat respectfully, looks at the ground with a solemn
expression, sheds a tear of sympathy*

   Sorry, man, that's pretty bad.

- Will
Will Enestvedt