[rescue] Free for pickup: APC UPSes
jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 12:46:16 CST 2011
I have a bunch of old APC UPSen, of various sizes, that need to either be
adopted or scrapped. All their batteries are dead, but they otherwise work
(with few exceptions; see comments below).
* Back-UPS 450 (BACK-UPS 450)
* 520ES UPS (520ES) (looks a lot like the BK600)
* Back-UPS 600 (BK600) (I have replacement batteries with the wrong terminal
size for this unit, if someone wants to crimp some new terminals on the UPS'
* Smart-UPS 1250 (SMART-UPS 1250)
* Smart-UPS V/S 1400 (SMART-UPS VS1400) (The "Value Series", AFAIK, have
Smart-UPS power output but only simple signaling for monitoring. This UPS was
about the batteries last week, but is not alarming this week; YMMV.)
* Smart-UPS 2200 (SU2200NET) (This unit is very heavy and the only one I can't
say 100% if it works. It was abandoned when I got it, and I had to re-solder
the front panel ribbon cable. It powers on and gives the bad battery signal, so
I believe it works. No network interface module is installed, but it does
have a slot for them. It is missing the lower-half of the front bezel (the
piece that covers
the battery door.))
No signaling cables or other accessories included.
Please let me know off-list if you have any questions and/or interest.
All are in Northern VA, USA (ZIP 22180), and must be picked up locally due to
More information about the rescue