[rescue] Looking for terminal blocks / din rail type

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:05:22 CST 2011


On 25 February 2011 12:46, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
> Odd one. We've got a robot arm at our hackerspace, and I'm looking to get
> the proper stuff to wire it up so the wire doesn't melt (again.)


> I'm looking for DIN rail mount feed through type terminal blocks, but ones
> that somehow connect together in a bus. All of the terminal blocks I find
> don't seem to bus easily, or I can't seem to find the parts that match the
> blocks to make it all work.

As strange as it seems, these sort of terminal blocks are not too
common. I have seen a number of different pieces of equipment from
different manufactures/integrators that have a lot of very small loops
to bridge the power supply blocks together. Very few pieces of
equipment have the bridged terminal blocks. They exist, but are very
difficult to find.

Good luck in your search.


"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh

More information about the rescue mailing list