[rescue] FS: Dell SC420 server
mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 5 14:37:26 CST 2008
Replacing this machine with something smaller in the next week or so:
- Dell SC420 system, purchased new from Dell in 2005
- Celeron 325 (2.53Ghz, 256K cache) CPU
- 305W power supply
- 160G SATA hard drive
- 1G RAM (4x256M, DDR2)
- IDE CD-ROM drive (or DVD-ROM if I can find one to throw in)
- Onboard (8M) video, audio, GigE, etc.
- Brackets for one or two extra hard drives (I currently have two in it)
I've got a bunch of bookmarks that I saved when buying the system at
http://del.icio.us/mrbill/sc420, including how to use a decent PCI-E
video card in the system and the Dell documentation.
It's a great system; I've run Linux, Windows, and Solaris 10 x86 on it.
As far as noise, it's darn near silent; I wish all my systems were this
$125 plus shipping; I can ship the system out as soon as all the parts to
finish its replacement arrive and I can rsync the data over (most likely
this weekend or early next week).
Contact me if interested.
More information about the rescue