[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:41:31 CST 2008

The commercial AM transmitter in my town *does* have staff with the
RROL, but I don't think the FCC requires it (or perhaps they do
require the RROL and not the GROL).   I did a lookup of everybody in
my zipcode with an FCC license and found this person by accident,
mailing address being the radio station.  It may be left over from
years ago, or it might be a requirement.

Now both the RROL and GROL are good for life.  Nothing to renew.  From
what I'm reading, the RROL is actually the RP which *is* a permit (I
stand corrected).  Here's the site with the info:



On Jan 21, 2008 8:14 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:58:21PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> > The RROL is also a license. You're absolutely right, no tests, just
> > $50 (if memory serves).
> For some reason I keep thinking it was $35; but this was 1990 or so.  I
> really should contact the FCC and have them re-issue mine just to have
> another card on the wall in the shack.
> > The FCC dropped the requirement for commercial radio stations to have a
> > GROL (or a 1st/2nd/3rd radiotelepohone operator) back in December 1995.
> So the operators at a commercial radio station no longer need a RROL at all?
> I remember thinking it was so cool that I would call the transmitter every
> night and turn it off by using touch-tones.
> Bill
> --
> Bill Bradford
> Houston, Texas
> _______________________________________________
> rescue list - http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue

More information about the rescue mailing list