[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:58:21 CST 2008

The RROL is also a license. You're absolutely right, no tests, just
$50 (if memory serves).  The FCC dropped the requirement for
commercial radio stations to have a GROL (or a 1st/2nd/3rd
radiotelepohone operator) back in December 1995.  I was thinking about
getting the GROL, but am quickly seeing it's pretty worthless to me.
It's all maritime and aircraft radio stuff now.


On Jan 21, 2008 2:28 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 01:46:48PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> > No, it's a regular sized license that the FCC grants.  I don't know
> > what it looked like in the past, but right now it looks just like a
> > ham license.  It's a license for an operator, NOT a station.  It's
> > also not a permit.  (L in GROL is for license).  FCC charges $35 for
> > each of the two tests that make up this license, plus another $35 for
> > the RADAR endorsement.
> He was talking about the RROL, not the GROL.  I had/have a RROL that I
> was required to obtain from the FCC (fill out a form, send in fee) before
> I was allowed to operate the station and transmitter at KRPT.
> GROL actually involves tests and such.  RROL is "give us money, here ya
> go".
> Bill
> --
> Bill Bradford
> Houston, Texas
> _______________________________________________
> rescue list - http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue

More information about the rescue mailing list