[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 21 15:28:56 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 01:46:48PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> No, it's a regular sized license that the FCC grants.  I don't know
> what it looked like in the past, but right now it looks just like a
> ham license.  It's a license for an operator, NOT a station.  It's
> also not a permit.  (L in GROL is for license).  FCC charges $35 for
> each of the two tests that make up this license, plus another $35 for
> the RADAR endorsement.

He was talking about the RROL, not the GROL.  I had/have a RROL that I
was required to obtain from the FCC (fill out a form, send in fee) before
I was allowed to operate the station and transmitter at KRPT.

GROL actually involves tests and such.  RROL is "give us money, here ya


Bill Bradford 
Houston, Texas

More information about the rescue mailing list