[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:46:48 CST 2008

No, it's a regular sized license that the FCC grants.  I don't know
what it looked like in the past, but right now it looks just like a
ham license.  It's a license for an operator, NOT a station.  It's
also not a permit.  (L in GROL is for license).  FCC charges $35 for
each of the two tests that make up this license, plus another $35 for
the RADAR endorsement.


On Jan 21, 2008 10:11 AM, Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie at brokersys.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 18:50 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 05:21:14PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> > > I was actually being serious.  Only here could there be such relevant
> > > and yet completely off topic discussions.  I myself just upgraded to
> > > Extra last Saturday, still not showing up in ULS/QRZ (I'm N3XKB) yet.
> > > Even $girlie got her Technician.  Do any of you guys have a GROL?
> > I had a RROL (Restricted Radiotelephone Operators License) when I was 15;
> > had to get it in order to run the control board (and transmitter) at
> > KRPT-FM 103.7 in Anadarko, Oklahoma.
> If it's what I'm thinking of, (business card size piece of paper with
> nothing but your name and signature on it) that's not any kind of
> license, that's a permit.  I got one of those when I became a
> transmitter operator in college in 1984.  It's also one of the three
> pieces of paper (well, one's a plastic card, now) that constitute a
> "pilot's license".
> > It's probably expired by now; this was '90 or '91.
> ...and it doesn't expire.  It's only purpose for existing is to be
> revoked if you do something the FCC really doesn't like.
> --
> Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie at brokersys.com>
> Sto Pro Veritate
> _______________________________________________
> rescue list - http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue

More information about the rescue mailing list