[rescue] Seeking DB25M to HDDB68M SCSI cable

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 10:33:01 CDT 2007

--- Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:

> > the easy way, if you have a 68 pin internal ribbon
> > cable with a couple connectors that are pretty
> close
> > to one another, is to simply cut it (cleanly, with
> a
> > sharp razor blade) to make a short, two connector
> The one issue I was thinking about, is the 68 pin
> ribbon cable is a 
> different density over the 25 pin style ribbons....
> so I was thinking that 
> that fingers might not slice the insulation of the
> 68 pin cable on a 25 
> pin connector?


Yeah, you can't mix the cables and connector styles.

I wasn't talking about that - I was talking about
making a short 68 pin cable to use as a M-M gender
bender. That way you won't have to worry about some
bulky adapter plugging into your connector. The
internal 68 pin ribbons will plug into "external"
connectors just fine.

So you'd have that 25 pin to 68 pin adapter you found
on ebay, (which I would assume is DB25 male to HD68
female), then the homemade short 68 pin ribbon, then
the differential converter.


More information about the rescue mailing list