[rescue] TV aerial adapter

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Oct 5 07:01:50 CDT 2006

I wrote:

> > It's a DIN (antennal) plug. When I lived in the U.S. Radio Shack carried
> > them. If they don't have them look for a "220" store. They are common in
> > seaports and Indian neighborhoods. Universal radio carries them. They
> > and the 220 stores will probably call them "PAL" connectors.

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:45:23AM -0400, Steve Haavik wrote: 

> So it probably looks something like these? 
> http://www.showmecables.com/showproducts.asp?category_id=354

yes, that's them exactly.
> I'm pretty sure Radio Shack used to sell those. Here is what they list 
> now. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123184

I think this is backwards. This will let you connect an antenna with
an "F" connector to a TV with a DIN connector. I think the need is
the other way around, the antenna has the DIN connector, the TV tuner
has the "F".


Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838 
Visit my 'blog at http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

More information about the rescue mailing list