[rescue] TV aerial adapter

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 4 19:04:12 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:36:00PM -0400, John Ruschmeyer wrote:

> A while back, I purched a small TV aerial from an eBay seller to us with 
> a USB-TV tuner that I have for my laptop. Unfortunately, what I didn't 
> notice a tthe time is that the antenna has an IEC aerial plug (which I 
> gather is common in Europe), while my tuner has a female "F" connector 
> (common here in the US). I've been looking for and adapter and, while 
> they appear to be relatively inexpensive, the shipping the to US is very 
> high.

It's a DIN (antennal) plug. When I lived in the U.S. Radio Shack carried
them. If they don't have them look for a "220" store. They are common in
seaports and Indian neighborhoods. Universal radio carries them. They
and the 220 stores will probably call them "PAL" connectors.

Universal may only have the other way, F to a DIN input.

The adaptors are very common because while TV sets and VCR's use them,
cable and satellite TV use "F" connectors.

If you can't find one, drop me an email off list with your address.
I'll need to know if the DIN connector is male or female. They look the
same except the male connector has a solid center pin and the female 
has an open center pin. 

Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838 
Visit my 'blog at http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

More information about the rescue mailing list