[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here
Devin L. Ganger
devin at thecabal.org
Wed May 3 11:33:28 CDT 2006
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:21 AM, Wesley Will wrote:
> Besides, I figured this list if
> nowhere else on the planet would be in favour of getting more rescued
> kit back into solid and productive use. I must admit I am somewhat
> non-plussed by some of the responses.
A lot of electrons have been killed in the pursuit of the following
1) You can't spend what you don't have.
2) You can't blow your entire budget on hardware when your intended
application is likely to include the need for non-free software.
3) Opterons, while nice, aren't the be-all and end-all of computing.
4) See point 1.
5) For certain worloads, older Sun/SGI/DEC kit delivers acceptable
6) For certain configurations, older Sun/SGI/DEC kit delivers acceptable
7) This isn't a perfect world; choose your flavor of suckage.
8) All hardware sucks, all software sucks; choose your flavor of
9) Some people don't handle being disagreed with very well.
10) Some people don't say things as clearly as they think they do the
Did I miss anything? Can I go back to sleep now?
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Devin on Earth: http://blogs.thecabal.org/blogs/devin/
More information about the rescue