[rescue] Looking for PS/2 power tap

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:19:58 CST 2005

They were included with some PC peripherals in lieu of a 5V DC wall
wart. They were most commonly provided with some parallel-port Ethernet
adapters (later Xircom, etc.) and more recently with some external hard
drive cases.

The cable itself would have a PS/2 keyboard passthrough at one end and a
power connector at the other.

More recently, I've seen a similar setup, but with a USB A connector
instead of the PS/2 connector, but with the intent of providing
additional power to a USB device.


On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 11:47 -0500, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> John,
> I've never seen anything like that.  What do they typically get used for?
> Chad Fernandez
> Michigan, USA
> John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> > Anybody have a spare PS/2 power tap in their junkbox/drawer? (plugs into
> > PC keyboard slot and provides 5V DC for an external device) I picked up
> > a used USB drive box which could use one.

More information about the rescue mailing list