[rescue] Vinyl-wav-cd

James Denton buster at swt.edu
Sat Jun 28 18:25:14 CDT 2003

On 6/28/03 6:16 PM, "dave venable" <venabledavid at qwest.net> wrote:

> Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez said..................
>> Is the turntable plugged into a normal receiver/amp? If so just plug
> the
>> out from the amp into the computer, that takes care of most preamp
> issues.
> My turntable is plugged in to a vintage Sansui amp (very heavy, massive
> external heat sink) w/ tape out. I think I understand now, except, the
> tape out has 2 channels, right and left, which jacks do I plug the right
> and left into the I2? Mic and analog in?
> I have a 250 SC 2mg to put in and I am ready to rock!

I'm not familiar with the Indy, but I'm assuming the Mic-In and Analog-In
are 1/8" mini-stereo jacks. You'll want to use the analog-in on the
computer. If your amp has two RCA-out jacks and the Indy has 1/8"
mini-stereo in, you'll need a Y-adapter. RadioShack has these (Cat# 274-883)
and they run about $5-6.


More information about the rescue mailing list