[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun
bear at typewritten.org
Sun Jul 13 04:13:35 CDT 2003
On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 11:20 PM, Francisco Javier
>> Then wait till I tell you about my IRIS 1000 CPU and graphics
>> SGI engineering prototype #4.
> You little b.....d!!!! :) Pictures..... Pictures....
All right, no need to get nasty. (;
First off, I apologize for being careless with the flash and aperture.
These aren't very good photos, but they are functional and at this time
of night, functional is completely sufficient.
- Shows the entire CPU board. You might notice the traces in the
middle of the board which read "SUN 68000, VLSI SYSTEMS" which indicate
the design is the original Stanford SUN CPU. SGI's modifications
include an MC68000 CPU clocked at 8 MHz instead of SUN's 10 MHz, custom
ROMs and PALs, and some difference in the serial port section which I
cannot recall off the top of my head. Large, 4MP crop. (800k)
- Closeup of CPU and custom ROM labels. Reduced 75%. (107k)
- Closeup of label on rear indicating "board #4". Reduced 75%. (51k)
- Diagnostic ROM set for IRIS 1000 CPU. Reduced 75%. (75K)
- Shows the entire framebuffer board. Under the label in the top left,
there are traces which read "SUN GRAPHICS, VLSI SYSTEMS" which again
indicate the design is the original Standford monochrome graphics
board. I have no idea how this fits in with the IRIS 1000 since it had
color graphics, standard. It is clearly an SGI engineering sample as it
has custom PALs which sport handwritten labels dated 9/26 (1982) and
the initials 'djb'. Large, 4MP crop. (885K)
- Closeup of SGI label at top left of framebuffer.
There you have it.
More information about the rescue