[rescue] IRIX 6.5.18m stream 'kinda'available for free download again
ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 22 19:29:34 CST 2003
I subscribe to the list digests, so excuse me if this has already gone around the list.
According to the the SGI Developer newsletter:
Announcing Developer Access to IRIX. Maintenance Release Downloads
Current members of the SGI Global Developer Program are now entitled to
download IRIX maintenance releases, for use on their development systems
Entitlement means using a specific Supportfolio User ID and password
that will provide access to downloads. This special entitlement is
linked to the primary contact.
To use this entitlement, the primary contact for your membership will
first need to register on Supportfolio to establish the entitled User ID
1. Go to Supportfolio at http://support.sgi.com/ and select Sign Up
for a free Supportfolio ID.
2. Enter contact information.
3. A message will display saying: "You have successfully created your
Supportfolio account and registered with SGI."
4. The temporary passwordwill be emailed back to the supplied email
We recommend the primary contact log in and establish a permanent
password and then provide the entitled userid and password to the
appropriate personnel on the development team.
To download IRIX Maintenance Releases:
1. Go to Supportfolio at http://support.sgi.com/ and log in using the
2. Go to the Downloads section.
3. Enter the IRIX maintenance release level in the Search Box.
4. Select IRIX OS.
5. Click on Submit.
6. Select the Maintenance Release icon to download software.
If you do not know who the primary contact for your company is and need
to have maintenance download access, please contact us at 650-933-3033
(worldwide) or 800-770-3033 (US & Canada.)
More information about the rescue