[rescue] The fat lady. . .
rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:56:43 CST 2001
On 2001.12.27 22:01 Bill Bradford wrote:
> - "Space Optimization and Effective Stacking of System Chassis"
> - "Effective use of Servers as Furniture"
> - "Winter Heating on the Cheap - Rent out Computing Time!"
> Any other suggestions? 8-)
Read the "Top 10 Signs You're A VAX Geek":
TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A VAX GEEK
Brian Chase, bdc at world.std.com
05 Oct 1997
Key traits identifying individuals tendencies towards abnormal
preoccupation with VAX computer systems
9. When talking about building software you make reference to
compilation times in weeks and days instead of minutes and seconds.
8. You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that
your computers work just as well.
7. Your electricity bill is more than your monthly rent payment.
6. You've been hospitalized with muscle strain injuries after
performing some routine hardware maintenance on your computer.
5. You don't have an SO, but it's okay because your computer keeps
you warm at night.
4. While doing laundry, you occassionaly have a mental lapse and try to
wash your socks and underwear in your 11/750.
3. Friends who visit you want to know why there are old-time movie reels
stuck on your refridgerator(s).
2. Your house is pleasantly warm in the dead of winter, even with the air
conditioning turned all the way up.
1. The lights in your home dim or flicker when you reboot.
0. It doesn't matter to you if someone else's computer is faster because
you know your system could smash theirs flat if it fell over on it.
And always remember, no matter what anyone else says. Bigger *IS* better.
More information about the rescue