[SunRescue] Misc. questions
erico at bendcable.com
Fri Feb 4 01:43:15 CST 2000
I have a few questions, most of which will seem very simplistic:
1. What file do I need to edit to set the path and shell used for the Root
account in Solaris?
2. Why can't I use the "su -m" command when I su to root to keep my shell's
when I'm a superuser?
3. When you do a core installation for Solaris 2.7, are the man pages left
4. By the way, where are all of the man pages located?!?
4. Does anyone know of a way or an MP3 player that's effecient enough to
128Kb 44KHz MP3's at full speed on a Sparc LX with 32 mb's ram and almost
all processes stopped? Right now I'm using MPG123, and I can play MP3's but
to get them not to skip I have to play them at mono, or I have to downmix
5. What file or how do I make it so that the workstation will automatically
as a certain account?
6. Anyone know of any good shell scripting archives or sites, specifically
with keyboard handlers?
What it all comes down to is that I'm going to stick this LX in my car and
use a 6
GB HD in it as a super juke box. I want to be able to use a series of key's
the mp3 player to play a certain album, or to play the whole collection
When I get home I want to be able to plug my car into my network at home and
put on new MP3's on the drive via FTP at my leisure.
If anyone has already done something like this I would be very interested in
how they went about doing this.
I'm sorry about the spelling and punctuation errors. I attribute this to
going to an American
P.S Anybody live in LA? I'm going to be moving there and I would like to
hook up with some
people, you know swap stuff, or go to swap meets, or dumpster diving...stuff
like that. :-)
More information about the rescue